Diabetic Friendly Muffins!

Hello, world!

For one of my projects, I was tasked with modifying a recipe for a specific group of people. I chose diabetics because a lot of people in my family suffer from diabetes and I thought this was would a good way to learn more about the disease and how to manage it. In the video below I'll explain the basics of what diabetes is and why I changed what I changed. I'll also leave the recipe here for those who want to try it out themselves.



Modified Pineapple Muffins (1)

4 c almond flour

3 ¼  tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

¼ c softened butter

⅓ cup of Splenda

3 egg

1 (8 ¾ oz) can sweetened crushed pineapples undrained

⅓ cup of pineapple juice

Combine butter, sugar, eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients. Add ti first mixture. Add pineapple and pineapple juice. Barely stir. Fill greased muffin pans half full. Bake for 15 to 20 min at 425F (19 min and 30 secs worked best for my oven).

Tip: To check if your muffins are done stick a toothpick or butter knife down the center of one and pull it out. If it comes out clean then they are done, if not give them a little bit more time.

Click Me For A Treat (Video)

Comments