Shoutout/Major Related Assignment

Good morning world!

If you don't already know I am the Historian for the SHSU Food Pantry. My major responsibilities are to take pictures of us and our major events. So far with COVID, it's been pretty hard to do any events, but we did end up doing a fundraiser through our local Scholtzsky's that was spearheaded by our secretary (who is always on top of her game if I might add). Then this week I had an unofficial "extra credit" assignment where I could make-up an advertisement for an organization related to my major/department and what a perfect opportunity/easy A! So, I present to you my work! And don't just take this as an assignment I did. The food pantry is very helpful to the college community and you should support it!

Are you a Family and Consumer Sciences major? More specifically are you a Food Science and Nutrition student or a dietetic intern? Or maybe you just have a heart for your fellow student? Look no further than the SHSU Food Pantry!


This student lead and run organization has the goal of helping to eliminate food insecurity on campus through food donations and distributions. Did you know that over 40% of college students in the United States are food insecure not knowing when they’ll get another healthy meal? As a volunteer not only will you be aiding your fellow students, but you can also rack up volunteer hours for your organization. On top of that as a FACS student you can gain experience in your field.


Look for us right in between the Wesley Foundation and the Kat Post and remember feed’em up Kats! 



1108 17th St, Huntsville, TX 77340

936.294.4441



If you would like more information on this great organization or maybe you'd like to donate here's the Link to the main page.

Comments